- Sparklee text generator, kids created their names and embeded on their web sites.
- Slide.com, each student created a slide show and embeded on thier wiki page
- Power Point, scribd.com, each student composed an "all about me" Power Point, uploaded it to scribd.com, and then embeded on their wiki.
- Dumpr.net-each student took a picture, uploaded their picture from the public drive onto dumpr, edited the picture, and printed it out. Also uploaded their picture to their wiki page.
- Students researched an animal from a region of the United States and created a group project on a wiki page. They uploaded a picture of their region and a picture of thier animal, and embedded a video of their animal. They also copied and pasted links with facts about the animal they researched and typed interesting facts on their page. http://constantinekids.wiki.hoover.k12.al.us/Our+Research
4. The children used kidblog.org for personal blogs. http://kidblog.org/constantine/student-blogs/
5. We created a class writeboard, and shared with family and friends from around the world. They posted where they lived, and some facts about where they live. http://tconstantine.wiki.hoover.k12.al.us/Help+Us+Learn%21
6. Using the posts from our writeboard, the children used scribblemaps.com to create a virtual map with pushpins locating our family and friends around the world after a study on maps and globes. http://constantinekids.wiki.hoover.k12.al.us/Our+Family+and+Friends
7. The children practiced fluency then recorded a favorite poem with their book buddies, a hard copy of all of the poems was published into a book and given as a gift to eachof our book buddies. An email was sent to our book buddy's parents so that the poems could also be enjoyed at home. http://constantinekids.wiki.hoover.k12.al.us/Reading+with+our+Book+Buddies
8. As a class project, the children researched different types of weather and the videos were uploaded to our web site to share with parents.
9. The children in the class maintained our lunch count on an excell document that totaled our choices and displayed a graph of the data each day.
10. The children posted comments on the follwing class blogs:
12. The children used moshi monsters to learn about digital citizenship.
13. The class Skyped with a student from Spring Hill College for an interactive presentation on volcanoes to go with a unit on Earth Materials. Also Skyped with classes in Italy and Spain to learn about their culture, share educational differences such as math strategies and interests.
14. The class Skyped with Ralph Fletcher after reading his book Fig Pudding in order to learn "inside" information about why Mr. Fletcher made certain decisions about his book.
15. After a unit on Explorers, the students created vokis to present facts, using voice, about the explorer they studied.
16. After a unit on memory writing and personal narratives, the children scanned in a picture of a memory, saved to a folder on the public drive, then used http://www.fotobabble.com/ to upload and narrate the photo of a favorite memory.
17. The children maitained our twitter account: http://twitter.com/constantinekids
18. The children maitained our homework blog: http://constantinehomework.blogspot.com/
19. The children maitained our virtual bookshelf: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517964545/shelf
20. The children produces math casts in order to explain our strategies to interested audiences. They also produced science casts, this one is the life cycle of a seed uploaded to Google Video so that students could review.